The modern era has given us many factors of progress in all fields, especially in the financial fields, to the extent that we can carry out financial exchange for various purposes through electronic methods without the need for traditional paperwork, and one of the most prominent ways that facilitated this is the emergence of PayPal, which can be considered an electronic bank Global, what is PayPal, how can you create an account with it, and what are the possible financial methods of dealing with it? Let's find out together everything that comes to your mind about PayPal.
What is PayPal:
PayPal is an e-commerce company that facilitates financial dealings between parties through online transfers. PayPal allows customers to create an account on its platform and can be linked to the user's credit card or bank account, and there is an electronic application that can be easily downloaded and all financial exchanges can be done through it.
The company allows subscribers to shop, make payments and transfer money easily. All users need to have an email address to register for an account, they must provide a credit card, debit card or bank account to complete setup and then PayPal checks all the information to make sure the person setting up the account He is the rightful owner.
After the account is created, the subscriber can use the company's website or mobile application to transfer money to others using the email address or mobile phone number of the recipient, shoppers can also choose the PayPal option to complete online purchases if the retailer has this service, here the transactions are completed Within minutes, transfers are available for immediate payment or withdrawal to a bank account.
PayPal tries to make online purchases more secure by providing a payment method that does not require the payer or payee to disclose credit card or bank account numbers, so the money is safe and privacy is protected.
How to set up a PayPal account:
Before starting, it should be noted that PayPal is not available in all Arab countries. There are some countries that the site is blocked from. As for the Arab countries in which a PayPal account can be created, they are Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen and Oman. To create a PayPal account, you can follow the following steps
- Open the internet browser on your computer and then go to https://www.paypal.com
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click on the “Register” option.
- You go to a page where you choose whether you are setting up a business or personal account, here if you are using that account simply to buy and sell or to send money to a family member or friend, you will need to choose Personal and then click Next.
- On the next page you are asked to enter your legal first and last name and email address in addition to creating and confirming a password, after completion click Next.
- Next you will need to enter your postal address in addition to your phone number, and when you have completed this information click on “OK and create an account”.
- Your account will now be created.
How to add a bank account or credit card to your PayPal account:
To take advantage of PayPal's ability to send and receive money, you'll need to link a bank account or credit card to your account, and to do so, sign in to your account and then follow these steps:
- Click on the “Wallet” option in the menu bar that runs along the top of the screen.
- In the menu at the bottom left of the screen, click “Link a credit card” if that’s what you want to use with your account, or if you want to link your bank account itself, click on the “Link a bank account” option.
- Enter the card or bank information you wish to link to your PayPal account and click Link Card or Link Bank Account.
- Now you can send or receive payments from your linked card.
If you are adding a bank account it may take 2-3 days to complete as PayPal will deposit small amounts into your account which you will have to enter via the PayPal website to confirm that you own the account.
How to send money using PayPal:
You can easily send money to complete your work through the browser or through the application of the site, and here are the steps for sending through the browser
- Launch your favorite browser and go to the PayPal website and log in.
- Once logged in, select Submit and Request in the menu at the top of the page and click on it.
- In the text box that appears, type the email address, username, or phone number of the person you want to send money to.
- A popup will appear asking if the money has been sent to a friend or seller and here make sure to select “Send to a friend” as there is no charge for this.
- Type the amount you want to send and you can also add a note at the bottom to specify the purpose of the funds. Press Continue.
- PayPal will automatically select your preferred payment method.
- After reviewing the recipient's information, payment amount and your preferred payment method, select "Send Payment Now." Once sent, you will receive a confirmation email and the funds will be immediately available in the recipient's PayPal account.
How to receive and transfer money:
To receive money on your PayPal account you will only need to provide the sender with one basic piece of information which is the email address your account is registered with.
Once you receive the money you may want to transfer it to your bank account and here's how to do it
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Transfer Funds button just below your PayPal balance and you can also access this option via the Wallet menu in the top toolbar.
- Click Transfer to your bank.
- Select the option to transfer funds to your bank.
- If you have multiple bank or card accounts linked to your account, choose the account you want to transfer your money to and click Next.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to your bank and then click Next.
- On the next page you will be asked to review your transfer. If all the information displayed is correct then click “Transfer Now” and your money will then be transferred to your account.
The PayPal commission varies according to several factors such as the country and the account, but in general, PayPal does not charge any fees for purchases, and does not charge any commission for opening an account. Also, the transfer service from one account to another and from the account to the bank is free if it is within the same country.
As for the commissions charged by PayPal, they are related to bank cards, where a percentage of the sent amount is determined for amounts up to 3000 dollars, so that the percentage is 4.9 percent.
You can also know the details of all types of commissions, especially in the case of transferring from one country to another via the PayPal website at the bottom of the page, which is usually between 1.9 to 4.9 percent.
It can be said that PayPal is currently the most common method of electronic payment via the Internet. It has facilitated financial transactions in terms of online purchases, transfers between friends, and in exchange for services. Also, most stores around the world use PayPal as a primary option for electronic payment, and it is considered one of the safest methods in Electronic transfer, and in this article we have provided you with everything that comes to your mind about PayPal.
You may also be interested to know The most important digital currencies and how to invest in them